SAE (US Imperial) Tools..Where to buy in Finland?

Overdrive.fi on harrasteautoiluun keskittyvä verkkosivusto, joka tarjoaa sisältöä harrastajien ja rakentajien tarpeisiin. Epäasiallinen ja loukkaava sisältö, joka rikkoo sivuston käyttöehtoja, poistetaan. Näin eivät myöskään poliittinen keskustelu ja aiheet sinne kuulu. Harrastus on yhteinen poliittisesta kannasta riippumatta. Overdriven yleiset käyttöehdot löytyvät täältä, ja on hyvä muistaa, että jokainen keskustelija on rikos- ja vahingonkorvausoikeudellisessa vastuussa omien viestiensä sisällöstä.

Ketju osiossa 'Työkalut, koneet ja tarvikkeet', aloittaja MoparZ, 15.4.2014.

1. MoparZ

MoparZ 1st gear

Does anyone know if I can buy SAE sized tools in Finland?

I have looked for a good quality socket/wrench set on ebay, but good sets are all in the US and shipping is very expensive.

Where do you guys get your tools?

2. Mikkis

Mikkis Double Gearhead

Some from Biltema, they are quite cheap and quite good quality.
    Some of them is same model as Bahco, I think.

IKH and Motonet, there is lots off cheap SAE tools too.

If you need the best, then its Snap-On.. Its my opinion :D

3. Remmiveto

Remmiveto Gearhead

Like Mikkis wrote, Biltema has some good (and not so good) quality Chinese tools, make sure that you pick up ones w/ 10 year warranty. I know many shops that uses them, no problems. They have wrentch and sockets in SAE, also some socket sets that have metric and sae in same sockets and they really do work.

4. MoparZ

MoparZ 1st gear

Thanks guys. I had heard of IKH, being maybe 'slightly' better than Biltema?

Of course snap-on is great, but is their a dealer here in Finland?

I looked online and sure I can buy tools from the US, but the shipping and potential customs duty is a nightmare!

5. onre

onre 3rd gear

I've bought Ampro's SAE-sized tools. They promise lifetime warranty, but I still haven't managed to break any so dunno how that works in practice. Apparently this company is the importer:

http://www.linnax.fi/

I bought my stuff from a small parts shop in Lammi, don't know where else they're available. Probably calling Linnax might help.

6. tabs

tabs Gearhead

Snap-on tools are sold only in fairs etc. Directrly from sellers van.
    Here is contact info for seller:
    Snap-On Tools International
    Marsuntie 10, TUUSULA tel. 040 076 0761

In Finland we have also Wurth and Bahco trademarks, that are good quality.

Also some webshops sell Craftsman tools(SEARS trademark), avarage quality?
    http://kauppa.hdtykkitorni.fi/product_details.php?p=158

369€ for 255pcs toolset, with metric and imperial tools.

7. MoparZ

MoparZ 1st gear

Thanks for the Ampro link. I saw those too. Since my work is all hobby stuff, as much as I would LIKE Snap-on or Teng, maybe a cheaper set will do.

Thanks for the Snap-on info though..

The funny thing is I left my Sidchrome (Aussie brand and a GOOD one too) stuff back home in Oz. Never thought I would be able to own and RUN a muscle car here in Finland. What a NOOB! ;)

Shipping on my stuff back there is more than the tools are worth. Which is why I am looking.

8. tabs

tabs Gearhead

^That in mind have to say, buy Biltema tools with 10year warranty, best price vs. quality...

9. Jokeri

Jokeri Double Gearhead

Biltema or IKH tools with 10 year warranty, can't go wrong with them, AmPro seems to be good too.

There are tools that are higher quality more expensive tools but who cares when you can get the job done with more affordable ones. Just don't give a finger to tool fetish-devil

10. MoparZ

MoparZ 1st gear

Yeah I tend to agree, as much as it would be cool to have top quality BRANDED tools, getting a cheaper set works. Especially with the amount of work I will do.

I'm looking into Biltema, IKH and Ampro. Found a few Ampro dealers, emails have been sent.

Thanks for all the input folks! Much appreciated! ;)

11. SnapOnFin

SnapOnFin 1st gear

If you still prefer quality, let me know. You know there is a difference ;)

Kerro tästä muillekin!