XE268:n korvaajat

Overdrive.fi on harrasteautoiluun keskittyvä verkkosivusto, joka tarjoaa sisältöä harrastajien ja rakentajien tarpeisiin. Epäasiallinen ja loukkaava sisältö, joka rikkoo sivuston käyttöehtoja, poistetaan. Näin eivät myöskään poliittinen keskustelu ja aiheet sinne kuulu. Harrastus on yhteinen poliittisesta kannasta riippumatta. Overdriven yleiset käyttöehdot löytyvät täältä, ja on hyvä muistaa, että jokainen keskustelija on rikos- ja vahingonkorvausoikeudellisessa vastuussa omien viestiensä sisällöstä.

Ketju osiossa 'Moottori', aloittaja rodhot, 15.3.2021.

1. J.J.

J.J. Gearhead

Juu Ameriikan foorumeilla oli aktiivinen tämä heppu ja jostain sieltä jäänyt itselle mieleen. Ei tuo mikään hyshys homma ole että varmaan Googlella löytyy lisää juttua jos kiinnostaa.

2. saresks

saresks Gearhead

Harold Brookshire, "UDHarold", lähti Competition Camsilta 1981 perustamaan Ultradyneä, eli ei kerennyt touhuamaan XE-sarjaa, mutta suunnitteli Compilla mm. High Energy -profiilit.

Oon lukenut kaikki sen jutut Speedtalkin historiasta, ja täytyy TAAS todeta että äijä oli guru ja hiton mukavan oloinen - eikä pihtaillut sitä mitä tiesi!

Omaa kertomaansa:

https://www.yellowbullet.com/threads/harold-brookshire-udharold-rip.1193162/

Don't apologize....I sometimes think threads for him were meant for me, too...
    Since you asked, I'll give everyone a very very short history of me, so you'll know where I came from.
    1969---Went to work for State of Mississippi as computer operator, rose to be lead operator at CDPA, Central Data Processing Agency.
    1972---Began working on cam design program in my spare time.
    Dec 15, 1972---Sold 310AP SBC solid to Reed Cams, Georgia, for $125.00.
    1973---Made $3000 selling to Reed, Isky, Engle, Norris.
    1974---Designed Reed's RxxxULX line of rollers, and a lot more, including Benny Parson's 1975 Daytona 500-winning cam. Also Shirl Greer's TF/FC NHRA National Champion Nitro Funny car cam, designed for Norris, and it was a True Chrysler flat tappet, with .438" lobe lift.
    1974---Became General Kinetics' cam designer, worked with people like Bill Jenkins and Jack Roush on the cams for their ProStockers.
    1976---Jenkins wins Pro Stock Natinal Championship, with GK doing large-barrel cams.
    1977---I start in January with Competion Cams, as their original cam designer. Over the next 3 years, I design them hundreds of cams, including the 268 High Energy. I introduce them to the unsymmetrical cam.
    1979---I write them their 1st in-house cam design program. Before that, we shared a program with Cam Dynamics.
    1980---After negotiating since late 1976 for some stock ownership in Competition Cams, I leave and start UltraDyne on April 1st, 1980. The 1st month I design the 288/296F5 and the 288/296R6, the 2 most popular cams I ever made.
    1981---In September, I hire my 1st employee, Mike O'Neal, who ran my shop, made all my models and masters, etc.
    1982---We're running 2 shifts, from 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Tim Goolsby comes to work for me, he is Mike's brother-in-law. I also design UltraDyne's first hydraulic cams, such as the 272, the 276, the 288/296H.
    From then on until 2000, we all just worked. UltraDyne grossed over $1.2 Million a year from 1990 to 1999.
    2000---A number of independent factors began to take their toll---Federal Mogul acquiring my 2 major solid lifter core manufacturers, and their later Chapter 11, Lifter companies disappearring, tremendous cash-flow problems in the end of 2000, initially triggered by the UPS strike---We lost around $50,000 in the strike.
    2001---A un-named cam company in Memphis hires 8 of my 12 employees, and 2 more just leave because they think --that's it. Only Tim and Gail are left with me.
    2001-2003---UltraDyne is in the Chapter 11 'Death Spiral'. I take a $0 salary for 2002, and pump all my, and my wife's, retirment money into UltraDyne, along with all the equity I could get on my house, etc, etc, etc.
    June 2003---Everything is gone, the government locks the doors.
    August 2003---I go to work at Lunati, charged with completely re-doing their entire line of cams. Mike is already there, waiting for me, along with Steve Slavik, who worked for me for 13 years (Mike for 19...). Then I meet the corporate world.....
    Oct 2004---Lunati introduces the VooDoo cams. And they really work good.....

This has been the line and times of a cam designer, and even with the down sides, it has been the time of my life, and I'm going to stay at it as long as I can.....

No comments are necessary, you are all a great bunch, and as that Great American, Minnie Pearl, said, "I'm just so proud to be here!"

Thanks,

UDHarold

janihei tykkää tästä.
  3. J.J.

J.J. Gearhead

Anteeksi kun ei oikein nyt ulkomuistista mennyt homma oikein.
    No jokunen vuosi tosin tässä välissä jo mennytkin siitä kun olen noita tarinoita tavaillut.

4. 3964

3964 3rd gear

Lunati woodoo ja comp xe sarja hyvin lähellä toisiaan.

Toiminnaltaan hyviä nokkia,ilmeisen tarkkoja öljystä yms. Ettei lähde nokat pyöristymään.

Itsellä ollu molempia käytössä ja henkilökohtaisesti tympii niiden äänekkyys,meteli melkein kuin mekaanisessa ja silti pettävät hyde nostimet,itse suosin mekaanisia nokkia nykyään.

5. lordC

lordC Gearhead

Mulla on Lunatin 10120102, 355 SBC, tehtaan 487 loppuset rautakannet. 555nm/4200, 379/5400. 98lla. 500nm ylittyy 2900rpm
    Vielä ei ole ajettu kun dynossa..

Kerro tästä muillekin!